Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reflections on Maya City(Kenny)

Wow. It is not as easy as it seems to create a city out of Maya. There are many things to consider before starting to even build something, such as the amount of faces, the textures, the dimensions etc. I guess to make a building takes not much effort but to make a detailed building is a totally different ball game altogether.

For myself, the hardest object to model in the city is the Car.
A reference image of a Porsche


My Maya Car


What a big difference. Of course modifications are done here and there but for something like this we are dealing with hours of work.

This assignment had set me to a different perspective when watching animation movies such as Ratatouille and Ice Age. I feel that there are so much to do just to make something look so real. Mr. Jonathan Chee mentioned that if you were a character artist in 3d and you can create a character and comparing with a real-life photo and they have no difference, the job is yours. I really feel that that doesn't take work from 6 weeks of classes would bring me to that level but at least there's a goal.

Time is never there for you in creating 3d objects. Example, you want to finish a building in 1 hr but ending up taking 2 hrs.
Joy comes after hard work. I am sure there is satisfaction after putting so much effort into making the city after completing it.

Well, off to next week work on the flour sack stuff.

___________________________________________________________________
Side track:
Nice links for textures there.
Hope you won't get BORED watching my animation Mr. Douglas

No comments: