Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bounce Ball Bounce.

My chant while doing the ball bouncing tutorial. It wasn't that hard to get the ball bouncing however the real skill comes in when u have to use your imagination to figure out how exaggerate your stretch and squash of the ball should be.It greatly depends on the altitude of the throw the force and of course good animation skills. Nonetheless all the effort was worth while as the squash and stretch factors really enhance the overall animation.

Some guidelines that i have picked up in class was to create my animation with the use of the motion path and the graph editor. These two tools greatly benefited me as they allow me to modify my animation without having to do everything all over again. Particularly the graph editor as it makes the ball bounce look more gradual and less steep providing realism to the bounce. The motion path on the other hand allows me to see the path o f my bounce before playing it in real time thus it saves a lot time.

Overall i learnt quite alot about animating skills that can improve realism which would aid me tremendously in my next assignment.

-Leslie-

No comments: