Sunday, July 13, 2008

MAYA Week 11(Mock)

Hey im posting again. This post consists of the lessons i have gone through the past 3 weeks.

3 weeks ago, i started modeling the floursack. It started off well but ended like hell. Extruding is unavoidable here, as well as the basic modifications of the vertex, edges and faces, but its ok for me. Therefore, creating the "limbs" for the floursack is quite easy. Here I also learnt about deformers. Although last term Douglas had taught us that, it was here which I first time using it. Deformer was used to shape the body of the floursack. So far I hadn't encounter any difficulties but there is more to come...
RIGGING! It was hell. But it was the most important aspect for animation. With rigging, the "limbs" of any object would be in place, eg. Hands to Forearm to Arm to Body. Without it, the "limbs" would be dislocated from object, or make the animation too fake(robotic movements)!!
Problems I encountered for Rigging are placing the "joints".. There are 4 sticking out "limbs" which are too small to be the whole arm or leg. Therefore I have to imagine the where the knee or elbow is, which is in the body itself, and I always got it wrong as the movement will look weird.

But after the smooth bind, the entire floursack seem to come to live, with bones and joints.

No comments: