Saturday, May 24, 2008

IN3D jounal (YS's edition)

Ok, first things first, this is a rather late post, so not sure whether this will count against me. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr Douglas who is teaching us and has endured to take our nonsense until now. So thanks very much. Anyways, back to the topic, got back my laptop, downside, everything from week 1 was deleted, so cant show anything worth. T_T.
But on the flip side, I still have the skills to do all the other things which I feel is very important to my future job next time (which I have no confidence in). Anyways, Maya is a rather neat tool, something like photoshop and it allows me to create something totally from scratch as long as I know how and what to do.(sadly havent reach that stage yet). Hopefully, by the end of this whole module, I will be at least able to finish my Exia, and hopefully get it to look at least like BanPresto robots (sadly not goin very well here)

I think my future is really bending towards the design side of games, so I better pick up more skills in order to make my worth in the design sector(however, my design is just as bad as my programming, so not much diff.T_T). With Maya, miracles in designing is very much possible but it is never easy to reach that kind of level where the work will be called professional. As we carry on until week 6, I have learn many things that will help me in the future and it is going to help me a lot with my models. However, I got a very very long long way before I am able to design without any problems and a even longer time to reach a professional level in my design. But I think it shall be possible for me because my interest in there( more like i prefer design than programmin :P) We have also learn that we can add scripting languages can be added in the design, so it should make our lives more easier when we do complex animation but still got a long way to go. But we got to start somewhere anyways, so here i come my beautiful city(havent made a building yet though :p)

No comments: