Thursday, August 7, 2008

IN3D Journal 2 (Cheng Lai)

This assignment was considerably easier compared to the one done previously on the modelling of the city. Here more emphasis was placed on coming up with the storyline and animation than on the actual modelling of the legoman and floursack. However, there was a lot of work to be done before the actual animation could began. These include the rigging of the floursack, the modelling of the set, as well as texturing the legoman and floursack.

However, once all these are done, the actual animation turns out to be very easy once I came up with the storyline. I do run into a few problems but after consulting with my friends, it was easily solved through the help of the graph editor and hypergraph. There was only a problem which I have been unable to solve. When i tried rendering in .AVI mode, the render ran but return complete after only 1 frame has been completed. This turns out to be a frustrating problem as I was very close to the deadline. Eventually I decided to do a playblast file instead. The result turns out to be decent at least.

I felt that after going through this subject, I learnt alot, not only in the subject but also from the tutor. Although he may be blunt and his words may be abit mean, I think that what he said does have some merit to it. I will forever remeber the lessons I learnt from this subject for the rest of my life.

No comments: