Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Journal2

Finally, I have completed the course for in3d. Or at least i think i have. Firstly i would like to comment on the assignment that I have done. The assignment was much harder compared to the previous one. Animation requires much more thinking and determination. Animating a character is easy, but making it realistic is much more tougher.

After doing the assignment, i feel for the animators working for dreamworks for disney etc. I may have only done a 20 seconds odd animation, and i already feel the toughness. I feel for the animators doing a 1 -2 hrs of animations. They would need to observe how a particular character they are animating behave. Animation is not an easy job.

The hardest part i have learnt about the animation is the ability to make the flour sack move. As the flour sack contains a lot of joints, moving and shifting of various parts of the body is hard. And joints or IK handlers will screw up if I were not careful. Another difficulty i face is to make the flour sack run or walk nicely. I find it difficult to move realistically.

Overall, I felt that I have put in my best for this assignment compared to the first one.I thought that I've did a decent job for it.
As the course is coming to an end, I felt that I have done enough to make it through, I hope. I felt that I have learnt a lot about modelling and basic movement or animations of objects. The course is challenging and I'm looking forward to 3DVA in the next semester. Despite the course being tough and tedious, it provided a good learning experience for me.

Mr Douglas is a patient lecturer and is always willing to help pupils whenever they need him to. I feel that he cares for all his pupils even though he might not always show them from his facial expressions. But i know deep down inside him, he has a warm and loving heart for all his students, so that is why we are so successful in creating something nice and presentable. I would like to thank him again for all his efforts in teaching this subject.
The course was only made successful due to his teachings.
Thank you Mr Douglas! :)


-Ang Yujian

No comments: