Thursday, August 7, 2008

IN3D ! Journal~ (Tai You)


Over the past weeks of IN3D lessons, we have learnt alot from our lecturer. We have gained more knowledge on some useful techniques such as rigging and animating a flour sack, legoman and learnt several ways on how we can improve the realism of animations. One example is the squashing and stretching of bouncing balls. It will still look better despite having an exaggerated look. From the lessons, I can see that most of our classmates are very enthusiastic in learning new stuffs in Maya. We have learnt about how much the Autodesk Maya programme can do with its powerful features.

I personally felt that this module is especially essential and neccessary to us. As someone who is studying in a gaming course, the knowledge and expertise in Maya is very helpful to us. With the knowledge in Maya, we are aware of what Maya can produce for our games, and the realism in games which we can create with the help of Maya.

After completing the first assignment, creating a city and second assignment, creating an animation, I felt that it is a challenging assignment. The product of our assignments is based on our creativity. After completing the assignment after days of hard work, most of my classmates, including me are satisfied with our works.

After these semester of learning Maya, I am satisfied with what i have learnt and i have enjoyed the module. My interest in maya will encourage me in learning more about this powerful tool even after the module.

- Tai You

No comments: