Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Journal 2 (Kenny)

IN3D is ending soon after the submission of the AME assignment. I personally felt that throughout the past few months, I have changed my perspective of looking at 3D modelling as well as how to distinguish the specific detail in modelling to make the models more realistic.

Assignment 2 focuses on mainly animation, which combines both 3D modelling and animation. In the assignment, I have tried to apply the principles of animation such as anticipation and exaggeration. Without those principles, my animation would have been a load of junk but that doesn't mean I have applied the principles well. I still have much to improve on with experience.

I personally think that Assignment 2 gives too much freedom to do what we want as long as the animation is good, but sometimes some restrictions can help in testing the ability of animating in 3D. Camera angles can fool people to make a world of a difference in animation, maybe introducing the tips and tricks of camera usage would be good.

Often when problem arises, my first reaction is to google my question such as painting weights. "Painting weights is a killer", I finally understand what Mr. Douglas meant by painting the weights professionally may take up to days with no progress.

I felt that IN3D gives me the feeling that there are more oppurtunities in jobs in the gaming industry other than programming as GET is more of a programming subject, adding IN3D into this diploma have definitely been a good choice as I look forward to 3DVA.

Final thanks to Mr. Douglas for imparting his knowledge, be it for attitude or technical stuff.

No comments: