Thursday, August 7, 2008

Journal 2 - Poh Zi Hao

Finally over with the crunch period of IN3D. I have thought that animating was manageable when I did the first exercise of the bouncing ball. But when I'm doing my assignment, I realise that the longer the animation is, the higher the chance of a single frame affecting all the rest of the animation. It is also incredibly hard to edit mistakes in the timeline as there are repercussions whenever I edit any frame.

The perculiar structure of the legoman and the floursack also forces me to apply creativity in whatever work I do. The limited joins of the legoman and floursack makes it less complex to animate them, but at the same time realism is affected.

Rendering was also a big problem, my laptop like many others' failed to render the animation properly, despite multiple attempts. What is previewed in the timeline and what is actually rendered also have critical differences that forces me to edit my work many times

Now that I have learned IN3D, I learned that modelling is hard, and animating models could be even harder. The IK handler and inverse kinematics also have unforeseeable outcome on the result of animating, and painting the weight, although useful in solving the problem is extremely difficult. I have also learned that the tools like graph editors, outliners and hypergraphs as well as weight painting tools are extremely useful in animating.

No comments: